- We DEMAND that Michigan State University establish a College of Race, Gender, Sexuality, and Class Studies by Fall 2017. This college will be home to the newly created Department of African American and African Studies and Department of Chicano and Latino Studies. The Programs of Women and Gender Studies, American Indian Studies, and Asian Pacific American Studies can join the College and receive departmental status if they so choose.
- We DEMAND the construction of a free-standing Multicultural Center with its own annual budget from the University of at least $1 million to support its staff, as well as social and academic programming by Spring 2017.
- We DEMAND the establishment of a Department of African American and African Studies with an annual budget of $3 million, twenty fully funded graduate assistantship packages, and, at minimum, ten tenure-stream faculty members by Fall 2017, at least half of whom are hired in the departments at the rank of Associate Professor or above.
- We DEMAND the establishment of a Department of Chicano/Latino Studies with an annual budget of $3 million, twenty fully funded graduate assistantship packages, and, at minimum, ten tenure-stream faculty members by Fall 2017, at least half of whom are hired in the departments at the rank of Associate Professor or above.
- We DEMAND that all Michigan Dreamers receive in-state tuition by January 1, 2016.**
- We DEMAND an increase in tenure-stream faculty whose research specializes in Black Politics, Black Linguistics, Black Sociology, Black Psychology, African politics, Black Queer Studies, Hip-Hop Studies, African American Literature, African Literature, and Decolonial Theory. All these faculty hires must be approved by a panel of Black student leaders and will be tenured in the Department of African American and African Studies.
- We DEMAND that all current and future Resident Assistants and Michigan State University Police receive a mandatory, effective, cultural competency training, one that replaces the existing, ineffective model. Additionally, we DEMAND the establishment of a new six (6) credit, Inclusion and Intercultural Studies General Education requirement for all students enrolled on campus. To fulfill this requirement, students will have to take two (2) three-credit courses in the new College of Race, Gender, Sexuality, and Class Studies.
- We DEMAND an increase in academic advisors, as well as mental health and sexual assault professionals who specialize in issues concerning students of color.
- We DEMAND that the number of underrepresented students enrolled at Michigan State University from Detroit, Flint, Lansing, Benton Harbor, Kalamazoo, Saginaw, Pontiac, Highland Park and other urban areas from across the state and nation be tripled by the 2017-2018 academic year.
- We DEMAND that Michigan State University meet the 2011 Black Student Alliance demands in their totality, and provide public, electronic updates that identify the steps the University is taking in order to meet those demands during the first two weeks of every fall and spring semester until every demand has been met.
*Updated November 30th, 2015 and presented at November 30th, 2015 meeting with President Simon.